Here I go with week #3 of setting goals. As I mentioned in my week in review #2, I think I was making too many goals to try and achieve, setting me up for failure. I’m someone who is all or nothing when it comes to my goals. Either I achieve them, or I fall short. I don’t take much satisfaction in just making progress, it has to be achieved. I’ve come to realize that as I do these weekly goals, I will get better at them, at writing them out, at learning how to achieve, or take baby steps to achieving. And putting in those baby steps. So let’s see what I can come up with for this week!
- Record all food at fatsecret.com
- Drink at least 64 oz. of water a day
- No ice cream or cookies
- Limit airplane snacking while on work trip (i.e. no buying peanut butter m and m’s or reese’s pieces at the airport!)
- Make good food decisions while on work trip (i.e. limit sugars and high carb foods, limit alcohol, remember those are liquid calories!)
- Be active every day for at least 20 min., whether that is hitting the gym, taking a walk, or playing Just Dance 2 on the Wii, every activity counts
- Record all exercise/activity at fatsecret.com
- Finish current book
- Don’t back out on friends and wine tasting at the last minute
- Spending Plan for week: Clinique makeup, black capris, wine tasting ($10), lunch out with friends (i.e. no need to buy anything else!)
In other news…
My favorite work trip of the year is coming up! It’s like a reunion for everyone in my profession, and now that I know even more people, I’m sure this will be the best year yet! (And copious amounts of alcohol is always consumed, not by me, by everyone else! I’ve learned my lesson!)
Since last Tuesday, which is my regular weigh-in day, I have lost 5 lbs.! I think much of it is water, but I am very encouraged since I really concentrated on eating well this last week. Tuesday is the day my weigh-in really counts, so we’ll see what it says. 2 lbs a week is my goal, so I’m hoping it will reflect that!
While I haven’t been getting to the gym to do RPM or BodyPump, I have been active, such as walking my dog and doing Wii Just Dance 2. Right now my focus isn’t so much on exercise, but on eating right. When I exercise, I tend to eat more (duh!), but it is more of the wrong kind of stuff. As I figure out what works for me, I think I’ll be able to make healthy choices for workout days. I often will hit the gym at lunch, eat my healthy lunch, and by dinner time stop at the grocery for some ice cream. Not sure why, something maybe I’ll explore.
I still have a bum shoulder and my plantar fasciitis is acting up, but they are nothing that a little bit of treatment can take care of.
Have a great week!