So that I can pretend that I’m doing something productive while I watch all these shows, here’s my list of hits and misses from the new fall season:
- NCIS: Los Angeles: Chris O’Donnell & LL Cool J, need I say more?! Plus a good storyline, and 2 new episodes in one night!
- Criminal Minds: So good, and tying up from the season finale. That Prince of Darkness was so scary looking! Love the cast ensemble and Shemar Moore.
- The Middle: It may be that I grew up in Indiana, but I have laughed out loud so many times while watching this show.
- How I Met Your Mother: Love it! Ted’s my favorite.
- Castle: Seriously Castle, stop getting into these situations where you’re suspected of murder! Hoping that Castle and Beckett get together this season, although the show would pretty much be over if they did!
- Life Unexpected: I can’t believe I made this a hit, but it is. I love the characters and the struggles that they are going through.
- Parenthood: I didn’t originally like this show, but I love it now. So entertaining and real, love the sibling interactions.
- 30 Rock: love Liz Lemon and her dating life. Matt Damon was hilarious!
- Hawaii 5-0: Alex O’Laughlin, so nice on the eyes. Loved the premiere, can’t wait to see what the season brings. And the scenery is pretty darn nice. Kind of reminds me of NCIS: LA, definitely action packed
- Undercovers: I really liked this show. Kind of Chuck meets Alias.
- Brothers & Sisters: Can’t go wrong with this one! Sarah’s boytoy’s advert in undies, wowza!
- Desperate Housewives: I thought this premier was much better than year’s past. Vanessa Williams is gonna be fun to watch. And the Paul Young storyline will have me keep on watching.
I’ve always DVR’d them, why stop now?
- Grey’s Anatomy: I’m glad Sheppard stepped down as Chief, Webber is much better in that role. Sheppard just needed to get back to what he does bes, and not manage the hospital. Meredith still bugs me.
- Private Practice: Violet really bugs me, but I love that Addison & Sam are together
- Gossip Girl: 2 episodes in, and well it’s just a guilty pleasure.
- Cougar Town: Not impressed with the opener, in fact I was rather annoyed. Jen Aniston was a terrible character/ storyline.
- 90210: Was hooked on the original, so why not this one. Terrible acting and story lines, but I can’t help but watch, it really is mindless tv.
- Modern Family: I know everyone loves this show and thinks its so funny, well, to me it’s just ok. At least the season premiere was.
- Chuck: Usually a hit with me, but I didn’t really like the season opener.
- One Tree Hill: Robert Buckly is just too hot to not watch, but it is some pretty terrible acting and storylines.
- The Biggest Loser: I’m a bit conflicted, i love the show, but didn’t really like the season premiere. I like seeing the first episode of them already at the ranch. But I also liked how they competed to get to the ranch. We’ll see, I’m sure it will be a great season.
Keep on DVR’ing, but not high priorities:
- Hellcats: I always wanted to be a cheerleader…
- The Vampire Diaries: I did not like the season opener, but the 2nd episode was much better, so I’ll keep on recording
- Glee: Everyone else is watching, so I guess I should to. I don’t really understand the appeal of this show. I’d rather hear the actual singers doing the singing!
- The Apprentice: I like that they went back to the non-celebrity version, but these are grown adults, bickering like the Real World castmates do!
- Real Housewives of DC: I cannot stand the Salahi’s! And I don’t like Cat and her fighting with Stacie’s friend. Ugh, I just don’t know why I keep watching this show. I still only like the RH of OC.
Jury’s Still Out
- The Event: It was hard to follow at first, but by the end of the hour, things got interesting, and I’m so looking forward to next week.
- Mike & Molly: Sookie from the Gilmore Girls stars, love her! There were some good one-liners, and the lead couple are much more relate able to life than the skinny minnies most have starring. Looking forward to seeing if there are more funny moments!
- Running Wilde: It was interesting, and I like Keri Russell. it gets a second chance
- Better With You: Not really sure if I liked it or not, the 2nd episode will be a better gauge
- My Generation: I had high hopes for this one, but it fell flat, very flat. It will be interesting to see if this pseudo-documentary can continue with a decent storyline.
- Outsourced: I don’t know about this one.
- Outlaw: I’m intrigued, 1st episode was good, and I’m halfway through the 2nd, which is just ok. We’ll see how it goes.
- Undercover Boss: I liked last season, but didn’t really like the season premiere. It may just depend on the company they are profiling if I watch or not.
Such high hopes, but I just had to delete these series from my DVR
- $h!t My Dad Says: I couldn’t even finish watching this show, it didn’t engage me from the beginning
- Raising Hope: Just a terrible show
- Nikita: I just couldn’t keep up with all the flashbacks in the premiere. Definitely not interested!
I still have a ton more season and series premieres to watch, so stay tuned…
- Fall TV 2010: New and returning shows premiering this Tuesday and Wednesday (timeoutny.com)
- Castle – Kicking off Season Three!! (tawnyweber.com)
- What to Watch: TV Picks for September 20-26 (tvsquad.com)