Ok, so it was actually Thursday night’s dinner, but I didn’t have a chance to post yet. I made a healthy dish from Martha Stewart’s Everyday Food little mag. It’s the Jan/Feb. 2008 issue. This was the 2nd time I’ve made it, and it was great yet again. I did go a little overboard with the cayenne, and the avocado was a bit overripe, but it was still just as delicious. I love eating healthy!
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (6-8 oz each)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Hass avocado, pitted and cut into chunks
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, and cayenne; rub all over chicken
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium. add chicken, and cook until browned on the outside and opaque throughout. 8 to 10 minutes per side.
- meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine onion and lime juice; set aside. Just before serving, fold avocado chunks into onion mixture; season with salt and pepper. Serve chicken topped with salsa